The omsonic Triangulum is an extremely solid triangle core analogue eurorack VCO with excellent temperature stability, tracking over 6+ octaves and lots of nice features in a small 11HP footprint.
What’s special about it ?
The Square wave
Unlike most other eurorack VCOs the square wave pulse width is calibrated to exactly 50% meaning it sounds similar to a lot of classic synths that used this technique such as the Roland System 100m for example.
The Saw wave’s
The Triangulum has 2 separate saw wave outputs crammed into, it has one normal saw wave output and a second saw wave output exactly one octave above all the other waves. Due to the small size of the VCO the second “SAW +1” out is selected using a switch that selects between triangle out and SAW +1.
The tuning system
Below the octave switch is a “freq” knob that can be used to tune the VCO over 2 octaves. The freq knob is connected to 3 indicator lights “5th, +1, +2” these aid in quick tuning by lighting up when the VCO is at +7 semitones (a 5th), + 1 octave and + 2 octaves.
The triangulum makes use of onboard voltage regulators meaning the VCO will have the same calibration characteristics in every system it is used in, this also helps with stability.
- 6 way octave switch
- Superb tracking over a minimum of 6 octaves
- Calibrated PWM (50% is EXACTLY 50%) with a control for pulse width and PWM amount
- 2 Octave frequency control knob with tuning indication feature
- Linear and exponential FM selectable via a switch
- FM Depth knob
- SUB octave square wave output
- Triangle wave output can also be changed to a saw wave exactly one octave above the pitch of all the the other waveform’s using a switch.
- Very clean sine wave output
- Square wave output
- Only 11 HP
- Built in the UK with quality parts
60 mA +12V
40 mA -12V
0 mA 5V
33 mm Depth
Please note unlike my other modules this one has a matte black panel !
The tuning arrangement
Any questions please send me an Email !